Monday, September 04, 2006

Act now to stop Republicans from endorsing criminal domestic spying programs.

One thing that's happening this week, is the cynical, evil effort by the Republican thugs to retroactively approve of Bush's illegal domestic warrantless spying program by the NSA. The terrorist win if they get us to give up our freedoms. The Republicans with their mindless authoritarian power grab are their accomplices as they shred the Constitution and the Rule of Law.

Call your Senators and Congressperson and tell them you want Bush to stop warrantless spying and to follow the Consitution and FISA as-is.

Here's the Senators' contact info and the Congressmen's and Congresswomen's contact info.

EFF gives suggestions on what to say.

If you're calling a Senator:
"Hello, I'm a constituent, and I want to urge my senator to oppose Senator Specter's S. 2453 bill, which would prevent effective judicial oversight of the NSA domestic spying program. My senator should also oppose Senator DeWine's S.2455 and Rep. Wilson's H.R.5825 if it reaches the Senate. I am opposed to the NSA's wiretapping of Americans' phone calls and emails without search warrants, and I want this program's legality to be judged in our traditional court system."

If you're calling a Representative:
"Hello, I'm a constituent, and I want to urge my representative to oppose Representative Wilson's H.R.5825. My representative should also oppose Senator Specter's S.2453 and Senator DeWine's S.2455 if they reach the House. I am opposed to the NSA's wiretapping of Americans' phone calls and emails without search warrants, and I want this program's legality to be judged in our traditional court system."

For more information on NSA Spying see the EFF's Domestic Spying webpages and the ACLU lawsuit website.

Categories: , , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home