Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Chicago's uncontrolled propogating !@#$%^&* stop signs

Today I tried to run errands. Tried. Run. Not.

At 2pm I was in stop and go traffic. Why? A new stop sign on a major street where it intersected with a harmless side street. Let me describe the traffic control measures on this street I took to get to the grocery store and library. Major intersection 1: traffic light. Go one block to intersection with side street: 4 way stop sign. Go one block to intersection with side street: Traffic light. Go one block to intersection with side street: new 4 way stop sign. Go one block to major intersection 2: traffic light.

So that's 2 traffic lights and 2 stop signs in 4 blocks!

What the !@#$%^&* !

You know if the !@#$%^&&* City Council wants to save the tax payers of Chicago some money why don't they just pass a !@#$%^&* rule making motorist come to a full and complete stop at every intersection! That way they wouldn't have to pay to put up these !@#$%^&* stop signs on every !@#$%^&* corner! I can't think of a major street in my non-trendy-neighborhood that doesn't have at least 1 !@#$%^&* stop sign between traffic lights.

This is stupid and only makes a bad traffic problem worse.

I will rant some more on Chicago traffic later, but this !@#$%^&* traffic sign proliferation is complete BS.

Categories: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home